Saturday Swing Dancing
The Rhythm Lounge is a once-a-month Saturday dance venue located in Burlingame, CA. Relaunched in May 2009, it has been a smash hit!
Our new home is right in the heart of it all. Great restaurants, tons of FREE (after 6pm) and easy parking. And a 10 minute leisurely walk from Cal-train! We will have your favorite DJs rippin' and roaring some sweet swing tunes for you during our dance. So if Swing is your thing you know where you need to be!
Rhythm Lounge provides a great learning opportunity for all levels of Swing Dancer. Whether you are just starting out, or have been dancing for years, Rhythm Lounge is the place to learn how to make the most of your dance steps and take your dancing to a new level. We are open one Saturday each month and vary the themes of our classes so each session provides a well-rounded experience for dancers. Take classes from an amazing lineup of instructors including US Open Champions & World Lindy Hop Champions!
Never Been Dancing Before? How to Start? We have wonderful options for people just starting out in Swing Dancing and for people who want a refresher in the basics. Check out the Fundamentals / Beginning Lindy Hop at Rhythm Lounge.
The Fundamentals Class provides a great way to learn the basic steps and skills you need to get you on the dance floor. If you have not danced in a long time, this is a great place to start again & or if you are brand new to dancing, we suggest starting in any class that says "Fundamentals”or “Beginner."
- open social dancing from 9pm - midnight with inspiring DJs and or Live Music featuring stellar bands
- top notch instruction from internationally recognized teachers who travel the globe to share their passion.
- a variety of class levels from which to choose - class times usually between 7 - 9pm each Tuesday
- a great assortment of flavorful topics each month - we like to rotate the class themes to keep things fresh, challenging, and exciting!
- a lively, friendly atmosphere. We welcome all ages, all levels and all styles.
- adventurous, creative theme nights / fun contests / special events and more- always glance at the upcoming events on the calendar
- occasional FREE raffles for fun prizes for DVDs, Event Passes, T-shirts, and more...
- an opportunity to meet new people, reconnect with friends, socialize, get some exercise, learn a new skill, and creatively express yourself through the art of dance!
- a safe, fun environment to DANCE the night away! We are waiting, come and join us on the dance floor soon!
- Wear comfortable, flat shoes until you have your footing or buy some dance shoes - here is a great resource http://www.dancestore.com
- Wear comfortable, easy to move in clothing - some people dress up in Vintage attire, some in cocktail attire, but many in casual attire such as jeans, button down shirts, t-shirts, etc. Workout clothing is more recommended for the classes, but we think dressing up a little bit, will add a little spice to the dance floor and make it feel more like "a night out on the town!!" However, you can wear whatever you like, really, as long as we won't get a fine by it ; ) Take a glance at our gallery for some ideas of what people are wearing these days.
- We suggest taking classes so you feel comfortable on the dance floor and this is also a great way to meet new people to dance with each evening. Classes also help to build your confidence to get out there dancing sooner
- We highly recommend that you ask new people to dance with you and help us to make everyone feel welcome
- Please remember that the students in the classes paid for them and respect the instructors and the other students by not trying to sneak into classes. We do love your enthusiasm for wanting to learn, but we want to make it fair for everyone and we want to stay open too ; ) thanks for respecting our business.
- We want your feedback, feel free to send it to us in an email or fill out a feedback evaluation form after your classes
- Please make sure you check back here for updates and directions etc.