Lindy Hop Routine Class Special with LindyCentral -
taught by Carla Crowen & Kye Michael
The Iris Club in Lancaster
323 North Duke Street
Reminders: posted on Dec 7th - Drop-ins welcome at the door.
1. Please bring water and snacks to keep your body hydrated and energized throughout the day.
2. Please make sure you park legally and not in any “reserved parking spots.”
3. Registration opens at 1:45pm
4. Possibly consider bringing an extra shirt or two if you think you might need to change to stay “fresh” in class.
5. Please be considerate of others learning in the class. Many individuals there could be working on different things in his or her own dancing. Let’s save all unsolicited advice and stay focused on our “own” personal movement and goals. Also, asking the instructors to clarify is often a good place to start.
6. Please do wash your hands - you know when and often!
7. Please stay home if you are not feeling well. Take some time to rest and recover and we will see you at a future workshop.
8. Let’s work hard, but maybe remember, Lindy Hop is never an emergency ;)
9. Smile and have fun!
10. It is a long day or learning, but the reward is a fun time with a routine at the end and also a super fun social dance, come to the dance in the evening!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Come learn a routine with us and work on partnering skills, interesting choreography and more. This class is designed for Intermediate and above dancers and designed to move at a good pace.
We have the option of performing it at the super fun holiday dance that same evening as part of Lancaster Swing’s Holiday Swing dance party, which starts at 8:00pm with a wonderful band.
Saturday, December 8th - 2:00pm - 6:00pm
check-in opens at 1:45pm
Must already be at an Intermediate level in your lindy hop, which means we do expect you to know the swingout, the circle, 6 count passes, 8 count rhythms, basic jazz steps, charleston, and tandem charleston. If you don’t feel quite ready, perhaps come check out some of our Tuesday evening classes or consider a private lesson to prepare. You can also check out the great classes happening at Lancaster Swing that same evening prior to the band’s kick-off (class times 7- 8pm)
Location: The Iris Club in downtown Lancaster
If you want to bring your own partner, please feel free to do so. We do encourage rotating though for certain things. If there is someone you want to work with throughout the choreo, please take it upon your own to round up a special partner. We will try to keep the number of leaders and followers balanced as much as possible for this routine class. If you sign up with someone to help us balance the class ratio, you will get a discount! Win Win!! Yay!
Learn a fun choreography with a trick or two with the hopes of performing it at both the Lancaster Swing Holiday party (December 8th) as well as the Holiday Rhythm Lounge party on Dec 16th as well as at other events.
No need to perform, but we might try to entice you.
Have questions? Please email us at email@example.com